From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:21:34 -0500
Sorry, forgot one important question!

Ok, in the States ferrets get the distemper and the rabies shots separate,
and the shots are already made for ferrets...

Here many vets (don't know if all!) just give them this DOG shot that has
rabies, distemper, hepatitis and all kinds of other stuff mixed!  I always
wondered if that's even ENOUGH protection for the ferts (against the main
ones distemper + rabies) and if it's even DANGEROUS!  (more prone to
reactions and so on)

Does anyone know anything about that?!!!  Is that enough or should we all
import some real ferret vaccines and only give them the rabies and the
distemper?!  That's all real important for me too!  (or for Logan and
Leeloo since we go out for walks on parks and forest frequently!) I'd
appreciate any info!!!  :-O

Now the question for the ferret human who'll study in Miami... if she has
on her vaccination papers the stickers to this dog cocktail-of- stuff shots
(which does include rabies + distemper) is that enough for the ferret to be
allowed in the States?!!  What can she do when the answer is no?!!!

Thanks again for all and any help!!!
Hugs to you all,

Chris, Logan & Leeloo (today I only wanna dance!!!)