From:
Diane Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:36:48 -0400
I was severely bitten on the lip by one of my rescue ferrets and was also
afraid to go to the hospital.  But now, three years later, I am fine, I
haven't grown horns, whiskers or a tail or anything, LOL.  I do sport a
tiny scar though, but it's barely noticeable.  At the time, I made sure I
cleaned out the wound gently but thoroughly with a water/peroxide mixture
and closed up the area with small butterfly bandaids.  When I returned to
work a few days later, I told everyone that the claw from my hammer snapped
back and hit me when I was doing repairs around the house (they all
believed me since I am very clumsy).  As the wound healed, I applied small
amounts of neosporin.  I also applied vitamin E ointment and took vitamin C
to aid in healing.  This ferret has also calmed down alot and rarely bites
now.  Although I love her very much, I don't kiss her nose anymore.  I only
kiss the back of her head, legs and belly now.