From:
Pirate Punkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1992 16:49:25 -0400
Hello  all-

I would like to share a story which happened to me this weekend.
I live in a college town, Rutgers, in a first floor apartment
on a corner (big mistake).  Friday night at 1:30 am Nikki crawled
into the window, and two seconds later 2 sharp banging noises
came from the window, when the window was checked , the ferret
was gone!

We combed the streets that night for hours, squeaking her
favorite toys in alleyways, etc. Saturday we put up signs
and offered a $100 dollar reward. We got many false leads,
there surprisingly other ferrets lost that night! And by
Monday night I had begun to give up hope.

Tuesday morning I received a phone call from a guy who
said his roommate stole my ferret and was keeping him in the house.
Turns out the guy popped open my screen (which is now nailed down)
and reached in and grabbed her!
Lucky for us, the guy who called, Vinny, was kindhearted and
he returned her, did not accept the reward and gave us his address.
His only request was that we did not tell his roommate we got her.
Nikki is now home and happy.  My friends and I are so relieved.
I have never been so distraught, what kinda of man would do
such a thing?  Steal someone else's pet!  Next week Nikki is going
in for a complete check up to ensure she is ok.

I just wanted to share this experience with you all, I am still
getting over it!  so beware of windows! and drunk college students!

thanks for listening, hopefully this has never happened to
any of you..

-Jessica and Nikki