From:
Miriam Hees <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:12:44 -0700
I am new to this list and have been lurking for a while.  My son and I
were new ferret owners and absolutely fell in love with a silver mitt bad
boy named Rain.  He weighed in at 3 lb and only 9 months old.  When had
him for 5 months, but with his love it seemed like years.  What spirit,
and joy.

I went to check on him in his safe cage only to find him hanging by the
waist from his comf-e-cube hammock.  Seems, according to the vet, he must
have gotten his hip bones caught while trying to get out.  He was alive
but could not move, and after 3 blood transfusions and 12 hours of vet
care, Rain's heart stopped.

I can't tell you how hard this was.  We loved him and it shouldn't have
happened.  A hammack made for a ferret should have been safe.

So now we have no ferrets.  But, we have called the local shelter and will
be going to give 2 of those brave blood donors a new home.  They tried
their best to save him.

Thanks for listening to me.  I really appreciate this list.

Miriam

=====
Miriam Hees
http://hees.home.texas.net - My Webpage
For fast and affordable Webpage design contact
"Bradford Hees Web Designs" at [log in to unmask]