From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:25:06 -0500
>From:    Robert Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
>
>For some more info there main play area is concrete (the vet told me this
>could help keep there nails down).

That should help keep their nails rubbed down some.

>So im posting to ask if anyone has any good ideas to help with nail
>clipping time (btw i live in australia where there are no products like
>ferretone) and i would be interested to know how often other people cut
>there ferrets nails and how long you consider "long" nails to be.

I trim my crew's nails once a month, around the first.  The secret to
struggle free clipping is Ferretone.  If you can't get Ferretone, it is
mostly soy bean oil and some people thin it with olive oil.  So, I'm sure
you could substitute soy, olive or corn oil if needed.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you've ever thrown a tailgate party at a tractor pull.