From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:00:58 -0700
Hi- we are going to try the new Merial vaccine on one of our ferrets on
Thursday.  Scooter had a very bad reaction to the Fervac vaccine a year
ago and we're reluctant to use that again.  If we were going to use that,
I have read enough to know to pre-treat w/Benedryl, stay at vet's
afterwards, etc., but do I need to do that with the new vaccine at all?
Also, I thought the vet told us that if it's a first vaccine with a
particular type of medicine, they will not react at all- that it's only
the second time (and maybe subsequent shots) that you will see a reaction.
Is this true?  If so, maybe we shouldn't pre-treat with anything at all?

I'm just very concerned based on his reaction to Fervac- if anyone has
advice or answers to my questions, please let me know asap- our appt. is
on Thursday this week.

thanks,

Jaime