From:
Kate Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:15:47 -0700
Well, today I had a very horrifying reminder of how important this simple
act of grooming can be.  Well, twice a week my ferrets get their ears
cleaned and teeth brushed.  On one of those weekly occurences they
regularly get their nails clipped.  I had finished my other 2 ferrets
nails alone and it was time to do Brionee's.  I couldn't find anyone to
hold her, though (she squrimes like hell) so I figured that they weren't
THAT long and it would be fine to wait until the next day to do it.  I
walked into my ferret room about a half an hour later and there was blood
all over my bed.  (My ferret room and bedroom are one in the same.)  As
I am nearly having a heart attack I started to look in all my ferret's
favorite sleeping spots and found her right away.  Looking at her paw I
relized that she had broken a nail while attempting to burrow into my
matress.  Now, the lesson that I have learned is to never EVER skip a
nail clipping.  I guess some things need to be learned the hard way.  So
please, everyone, save your ferrets and you the trouble AND CLIP THOSE

Peace Out,
Kate a.k.a Kiki