From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 06:47:58 -0700
Dear Kat,
Whereas your letter was touching, it was not based on fact.  So many
shelters are lied about and hurt by people with "personal" agendas.  You
write you "heard something" and "not even in my state" and "I have not
been there and I will never every go there".  You do not know that she was
killed intentionally because her only problem was blindness.  However,
because of your writing another shelter is put into the rumor mill.

Since visiting is not convenient to you, how about calling the shelter mom
or dad and addressing the issue directly, rather than trying to get a
ground swell of FMLers to think horribly and speculate which shelter this
is, based on "info" provided you.  Far too often the venue of the FML is
maliciously used to hurt a shelter with absolute fabrications and
distortions of actual events.  People come onto the FML with "stories"
then invite everyone to contact them for the "rest of the story".  So
often these "stories" are debunked but NEVER is a retraction posted on
the FML by the accuser.

The ferrets lose.

I suggest if you find this triage practice happening then shell your
money and time out and offer to take "imperfect" ferrets from this
shelter/club/organization or whatever you heard it to be.

You are either part of the Problem or part of the Solution!  Today you
are on the Problem side, as well as your cowardly informer.

A Shelter Parent - anon because the dark side of few FMLers are vicious
and I don't want my ferrets hurt because I have an opinion that may piss
some off.

[RY]