From:
Jennifer McClanahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:17:40 EDT
Here's an update on what i learned about Delilah's hair loss.  Apparently
it was due to some allergy she has to something.  we have not figured out
what yet though.  Our vet suggested thinking about getting an air purifyer
since me and my husband are both smokers.  (i know, nasty habit, and i
have tried quitting) So, i think we are going to try to save up a little
extra cash here and there, and maybe by Christmas we can have enough for
the purifyer.

My vet gave Delilah a shot of Cortizone, to help with her itching.  And
she finally got a full nights sleep last night, without waking up and
digging.

So, if anyone out there has a ferret that is just itching like crazy, and
you cant figure out why... ask your vet about allergies.  That could be
the problem.  I have seen Delilah dig ONE time since the vet visit, and
she seems much happier now.

Jennifer and the CuddleyCritters
http://www.geocities.com/beadeddrum/CuddleyCritters.html