Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:10:27 EDT
Silver had his surgery yesterday.  Dr. Pietrzyck removed the left adrenal
gland, which was swollen with nodules on it.  He checked the right gland,
and pancreas, both of which looked fine.  He observed that the spleen is
somewhat large.  I'm not sure, but it seems I have read that this is not
uncommon in MF ferrets.  We will continue to keep an eye on it.  He
administered a shot of Pred and Baytril.  All for $185.  Silver is sleeping
in a private cage seperate from everyone.  He's eaten a little of the wet
food, no dry, and has drank and pooped.  I'm giving 1/4 of a 5mg tablet of
Pred daily for a few days.  Mostly, he's resting.  I am so glad it's over,
now I can't wait to see him back to being himself!

Again, thank you so much to all who have helped with this!

Carla Roberts
ADSA, AL President
http://www.skunks.org/Home.htm