From:
"Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:44:47 -0400
Ferret movie update:
I'm not cleaning floors for the University of Waterloo yet, but our lab
made the top 10 most downloads, and after some inquiries, fingers were
pointed to me.  my lab have no problems with me bringing up the network
traffic, but there is talk about getting a new webserver, since the
current one is a bit unstable.  hope people who tried were able to download
the movies.

Ferrets are more interesting than spoons (well, duh..):
it's orientation week at the university, and the research groups in the
comp sci department were given 5 minutes to present an overview of their
research.  so the prof in my lab who's supposed to do this ask for
suggestions, and I jokingly said I have a 1 minute clip of ferrets, which
he then asked to see.  Bill's an entertaining prof, so he procceed to make
the session memorable for new grads by talking about the lab with a spoon
hanging (and falling) off his nose.  he then introduced my short movie
as the Fine arts department rendition of the Computer graphics lab on a
saturday night, and tried to distract the audience with more spoon hanging,
proving that ferrets are more interesting than hanging spoons.  he was
applauded (previous group wasn't), and I think graphics was easily the high
point.  my ferret clip is also on the graphics lab demo tape, but that's
what happens when they ask a ferret crazy person to make the demo tape...

moths:
I don't like them, and I seem to be plagued by them, and there are some in
my rice box, which is sort of hard to get rid off.  I think they are having
babies too.  so does anybody have a non-toxic suggestion to get rid off
them?  I can also deny the kids access to the rice box, and leave a moth
ball in there for a couple of weeks, but is it alright for them to go back
in once I remove the moth ball (i.e. problems with lingering smell etc).
are the better ways to get rid of moths?

thanx.

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu