From:
Reisterstown Help for Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 06:19:30 -0700
Hi just a note about pet stores.  Maybe this will help in the future.  In
our area the animal control people have as much juristiction at the pet
stores as they do anywhere else.  If there is no food and water, and the
sweeties are infested with ear mites, maybe call animal control and report
the store.  OR, you could call your local news channel.  Tell them your
story about buying all 5 in order to save them.  I applaude you on your
expensive rescue.  If you email me the name of the store I will be happy
to send them a letter as well.  Heck maybe if we all send letters, they
may change their practices.  But, I know in our area, if we called animal
control and told them a story like yours.  They would check it out.  Any
store that has animal control show up, may finally take notice, and maybe
change the way they take care of the store ferrets.  I was touched by your
expereince. :o)

=====
"The best friend you ever have, may be the one you bring home from a
shelter" http://members.truepath.com/Help4ferrets/home.html