From:
Melissa Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:48:32 -0500
>Do you think newspaper ran through a shredder will make good bedding?

I've never tried it with my ferret, but I have tried it with guinea pigs
and a rabbit (who, when she got older, became "incontinent").  The guinea
pigs adore it.  They make big nests and tunnels.  The rabbit, on the other
hand, repeatedly got tangled in it and ruined her legs. :(  (Of course,
after that happened I took her away from newspaper bedding, but I wish I
had known this before!)

There's such a danger for getting tangled in it since it's long,
skinny, and loose.  It doesn't seem to make very good bedding/litterbox
material...though for some reason, perhaps because they are so close to
the ground, it does work well for guinea pigs.  I think ferrets would
possibly get tangled in it, though.  But, on the other hand, it might
be fun with supervision for them to play in; yet it can be potentially
dangerous if animals are left alone with it.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Melissa
http://emptyonline.tripod.com/