From:
Julie Coddington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:07:04 -0400
I had heard about tail wagging on the FML but my lone fert, Zoe, never did
it.  Then one day my son was playing with her with his fingers under the
door in the room where she is allowed supervised free-range.  There went
the tail.  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Also, when we play
tube games, the tail wags so hard it smacks on the sides of the tube.  One
of my favorite moments.  I wish I had a camcorder to record it.  I still
laugh out loud when she does it.

In regards to the "my favorite" ferret stuff - here goes:
Zoe is my favorite because she is my first ferret and my, still, one and
only (not for long if Scarlett gets me!!!!!).  I knew nothing about
ferrets when she came to live with me - one of my son's friends didn't
want her.  Her first night in my house was spent in a cat carrier with no
litter box, a water bowl (which she spilled constantly) and tiny pieces of
veggies because I didn't know what they ate.  On my lunch hour the next
day off I went to the pet store for a cage and a book, a water bottle and
a food dish and some kibble.  How I've progressed since then, but still
always have more to learn.

Zoe isn't a snuggler and I've only been allowed to hold her when she wakes
up, but I'd never trade her, ever.  She has warmed my heart and when I put
her in the Buckeye Bash in Columbus in August, brought tears to my eyes
when I realized that she had won a ribbon (she won two!!!!!).  This little
2 pound wonder makes me laugh and makes me cry.  She's a nipper and a
horrible digger, but still I wouldn't trade her.  She thinks I'm another
ferret, I'm sure and that is okay, too.  I can't look at her pictures from
the show without wanting to grab her and kiss her on her nose.  I'm
completely in awe of this little bundle of energy, noises and love.