From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:38:08 -0400
>we turned on the radio to find that the U.S. was bombing.  At that exact
>moment an AMERICAN BALD EAGLE flew across our field of vision and off to
>our left.  You wanna talk about a sudden feeling of dread (those of you
>that know me will understand how I take signs).  I have NEVER seen a bald
>eagle let alone one at a moment so digusting to me.

What an offensive statement!  I'm really surprised BIG allowed it on this
list!  You obviously misunderstood the message carried by that eagle!  If
you really find the symbol of our country to be "disgusting," perhaps you
should move to a country that doesn't provide the freedom and security
that YOU have enjoyed here, thanks to the vision and sacrifice of many,
many people.  Then maybe you'd start to see America for what it truly is!

While I certainly don't feel that our country is perfect and has not made
mistakes, such un-American and unpatriotic sentiments at a time like this
are truly DISGUSTING!

Nancy

[Moderator's note: I understood the post to say events of the day were
disgusting, not the eagle -- or at least an ironic contrast.  But I
should let Stan speak for himself, should he wish to.  BIG]