Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:04:51 EDT
My understanding was that the ferrets were not being allowed any food or
water.  That is not correct.  They are NOT given food or water on Sunday
by anyone, and suffering in extreme heat during the day and cold at night.
Jen can feed the ferrets the other days during limited hours.

I thought the ferrets needed to be shipped immediately.  This is not
true.  The ferrets need to be housed in a warehouse or another holding
place until this gets to court.  If the animals can be saved in time.
They are evidence.

What is needed is a stay of execution, a good lawyer, money for housing the
ferrets until issues are resolved.  That is my current understanding.

Jen is in the pound today feeding the ferrets as best she can.  But time
is running out.  I have notified PETA, and the animal sanctuary in Utah to
get hold of Troy Lynn for more info.  But the info given to me was wrong.
The animals can have care during the week by Jen.  They are NOT being
deliberately starved every day.

Two more days before they are all euthanized....

I have contacted the CBS media.  But only one other person has called these
places.  We need a united front.  We need more people calling--saying----
Do you know 230 ferrets are going to be murdered on Thursday in Utah by a
shelter?  Is there anything you can do to prevent this, or at least report
it?

I called the sheriffs office in Utah.  They put me on hold and never picked
up the phone again.  15 minutes later-I got the hint.

Lisette