From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 04:21:28 -0400
I wrote this for my chipper, he died Friday... I miss him terribly and I
suppose I always will but he will always have a home in my heart.  He will
always have a place in my home...

Thanks to ALL of you who have sent me kind words and thoughts through the
weekend... I dont know if I could have made it through the weekend as well
as I did (which was quite pitiful actually) without all of your support!

Sandee... THANKS SO MUCH!  I love you for all you do!

Dooks, Dance and ..... Much Gratitude From

-Betty, Her Broken Heart, and the 11 Fuzzyland Rebels!

               To Chip, With LOVE!!

So Sad... Too hard to say goodbye!
I breathe in deep and try not to cry.
And, there he lies, Asleep?? Perchance?
In just a minute he'll leap up and dance.
I sit and watch, he must be dreaming.
But how can he sleep while I sit here crying and screaming?
Oh up, wont you? I want to play
wake up, wake up... its a brand new day!
His eyes half closed, he lay perfectly still.
He doesnt move now, but Im certain he will!
I ask him nicely, "Oh, dont you want to run?"
There's tubes in the hallway!  Oh what fun!
I watch him close, and fear creeps in...
Tears from my cheeks roll off my chin...
Oh Please dont be gone!  Please cant we play??
Please wont you stay here? Dont leave me this way.
A voice echoes through me, crashing through my head...
The sound of the truth..."Im so sorry, He's dead!"
Oh No, No Sir, You have got to be mistaken
Im sure he's just enjoying the Looooooong Nap he's taken!
YOU'LL SEE!  In a minute, he'll be good as new
He'll dook and he'll dance and even nibble on you.
He's got to be fine, he just CANT die...
You see I never even said good-bye!
If he'd been sick and slipping away
I'd have been there all night, and known just what to say.
I'd have said "It's okay, if you need to go!"
I'd have said " I will miss you and love you forever, you know!"
I'd have given him hugs and held him so near.
I'd have rocked him to sleep to ease any fear.
So, as you see.... he must be perfectly okay!
Because I never got a chance to say the things I'd say!

                 -Betty Rebel
                September 9, 2001
                   For Chip!