From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:36:49 -0700
I just wanted to say that I had sent a previous post in response to
Rebecca's post to me.  I gave BIG my permission to not post the response,
as both he and I did not want the thread to continue.  He in turn sent me
what he felt was appropriate in my message - I want to say thanks to him
for editing my post and being a fair and open-minded moderator.  Kudos to
you Bill for being so awesome!  Can't wait to meet you in person at the
symposium! : )  [Hope to see you there too!  BIG]

I had about a 1/2 dozen private responses to my original post.  All were in
support of my opinion.  But that does not necessarily mean we are *right* -
it just means we have the same principles.  I want to thank Rebecca for
pointing out that "life does take twists and turns" ~ I can say I'm very
lucky in my 33 years that I haven't been forced to make a choice between my
animals or a partner or an apartment or another animal or...or...or... ---
some of us are not so fortunate.

But the point of my original post was not to attack Phyllis personally, I
just didn't like the CHOICES she made.  To me it doesn't make a difference
if my children have two legs vs.  four with a permanent fur coat - in my
eyes they are equal.  They are both a responsibility I chose and I will
follow thru to the end - sometimes at the sacrifice of my own self.  I just
hoped someone else who read the posts will know both sides of the story
before making the decision that Phyllis did.

I sincerely hope she finds a good home for the fuzzies.  They deserve to
be loved just like the dog.  ~ TjG