Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:42:21 EDT
Hello everyone,

Since our bill is so changed from it's initial version, it will most likely
have to go back to the Senate policy committee and possibly even the Senate
floor for concurrence.  The legislature is now in recess until August 20th
which means that our bill will have to go to Assembly Appropriations, then
back to the Senate once the legislature reconvenes.  So, the last and final
extension on the petition is August 31st.  Please make sure that I receive
your petitions by then so we can do a final count over that weekend.

Many of you have been terrific and sent in well over 100 signatures. We now
have somewhere around 20,000 signatures, but it's been just about 100 folks
contributing to date and I know there are so many more of you Californians
out there that can at least send in something.

Please visit our website at www.ferretnews.org and download the petition.
Have your friends and family, co-workers, everyone you know sign.  Carry
the petition in the car with you and you'll be surprised how many people,
when they are told that ferrets are legal in every other state on the
continent, are in agreement that ferrets should be legal here too.

This is the last 30 days we have to send a message to Governor Davis that
our law is wrong and he is wrong to have allowed the bureaucrats at Fish
and Game to continue to hurt otherwise law abiding citizens for doing
something that is perfectly legal in 48 states and is a safer pet to the
environment and people than a dog or cat.

Send your petitions to the address below.  I suggest you mail them by Wed.
August 29th.

Thanks,

Jeanne

Jeanne Carley