From:
Cheryl Nordgulen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:25:58 -0800
Hi Everyone,
A very-teary eyed critterpen here, as my last baby, one that I raised from
a baby is going to cross over tomorrow with the one who was her mortal
enemy until six months ago, when they became inseparable.

However, I read about the sofa problem and here is a solution that has
worked at the Critterpen where ferrets have the livingroom.

First of all, get some doublewalled cardboard boxes, take off the sofa
cushions, lay the cardboards flat after you have broken down the boxes, and
shove hard so that they slide under the top part of the sofa.  Keep shoving
these in until no more can possibly fit.  Check these regularly and replace
the ones that have been furiously scratched at.  Next, get some baseboard
moulding that matches your living room.  Tack this around the bottom of
the sofa, so that your little ones cannot go under and come up through the
bottom.

They seem to take a great delight in scratching at the cardboard, satisfies
the urge, so to speak, but keeps them from getting lost and possible
choked, if they wear collars.

For the person with the mattress problem, get some masonite board and nail
this over the bottom of your boxspring.  Yours was wearing a collar and you
are very lucky to have got your love back alive.

Well, that is all the helpful hints I have for today.  Must go hold my
two dear little ones in these last 24 hours.  I so hope they would pass
in their sleep as Kayli did, but it is not to happen.  Thank goodness, Dr.
provided me with some morphine tabs just in case pain overtook them before
I could get them to him.  He will grieve for Rugrat, and for Tiquer, but
especially for Rugrat as he has taken care of her for all of her eight
years.

Cheryl of the Critterpen