From:
BettyRebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:58:45 -0400
okay... we have a lot of little fur companions here but it doesnt keep us
from paying proper attention to ALL of them... there are 12 in total now...
THANKS MARY!  ... LOL...  3 of them are fosters... two of which are
doing wonderfully... amazing considering one of the ones that is doing
wonderfully is a senior seniorita..  shes and old girl with as much energy
as the two babies we currently have... its amazing...

Gracie is a total LOVE... Dale just had adrenal surgery and is also doing
wonderfully... healing nice, playing, eating and back to cuddling with his
old timer cage mates...

the one that is on our concern list right now is Chip... If any of you have
one of those awesome (not to insinuate that our other ferts are awesome, as
well) ferts that will just flop down with you and take a nap...cuddle with
you, actually ENJOY being held for long periods of time... this is Chip...
lately he has not been himself... still quite cuddly and loveable, but he's
health is taking a turn for the worse... he is insulinomic, he has had a
bilateral adrenal removal and a partial pancreatomy... He is on .5cc of
Pediapred twice a day and he "was" also on a medication to help with a
bladder blockage caused by his prostate... he has a bit of hind end
weakness and he is a little overweight... he eats (that's good!)... there
are some other strange things..  we had his BG checked at it was at 89...
thats NOT so bad that he should be this unhealthy... he had an insulinomic
episode once when his BG was 74... but even then the episode was NOT as
pronounced as what I am seeing now... he shakes... it starts at his little
hind legs... then slowly moves up until his whole body is shaking including
his head... He doesnt make any noises to indicate pain and I regularly
check his tummy to make sure he isnt tender, since the blockage.  He is
going potty... pooping and peeing...

We can stop the shaking by giving him a little Kayro syrup and then some
baby food or duck soup but it starts again ... sometimes in 10 minutes...
sometimes in an hour and sometiems not until the next day... Ihave never
seen this with any other ferret...it does NOT look like the insulinomic
episode I witnessed with him at the end of last year...

Okay... that about does it ... I think I should go up and check on him...
maybe bring him down here for a nap... =O)... any suggestions or advice
would be greatly appreciated... Im at a loss... all of our thoughts on what
it might be make NO sense... so... please if anyone can think of anything
I should have checked... anything you may have seen that looks like what I
have described... ANYTHING would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
Dooks and ...

If I cant dance its NOT my revolution!  - Emma Goldman

-Betty Rebel... *great guardian of the treats*