From:
Kimberly Latas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 11:29:48 -0500
Regarding clipping a ferrets toenails: I've always thought that doing my
ferrets nails was a walk thru the park compared to my Cockatoo!!!  (Jeez,
it takes two people holding him and a hood over his head to do my parrots
toenails..) What I did with the Fert was done every day as part of his
playtime: I'd use one of those wider softer *like foam board?* emery
boards, push on the ferts footpads so his nails would splay out and just
brush/drag the ends of his nails *all at one time* across the emery board,
each foot in its turn... two or three swipes daily kept his nails nice and
blunt and manicured.  Sure, sometimes he'd bite the emery board but they're
not real costly~ he liked the pink ones the best!!

Kim Latas
Spirit Lake IA