Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 20:12:17 EDT
Hello everyone,

We need volunteers to set up district meetings with their State
Assemblymembers in these key districts.  If you are a constituent of
one of these Assemblymembers and are willing to meet with your State
Representative when he or she is in the district, please contact me ASAP.
You do not have to go to Sacramento for this!

If you've never met with your representative, you should know that while
they are very busy, they do care about the opinions of their constituents
and if you are a registered voter and live in their district, your opinion
and concerns count!  They are iin their local districts 4 times a month,
on a Friday.  Some have Saturday meetings as well.

We can help make sure that you know your ferret facts so don't be shy,
volunteer to meet with your local state Assemblymember.  Many folks over
these several years have called me after a district meeting to say how well
it went and how they were glad they participated in the democratic process
by meeting with their representative.

Please look this list over and e-mail me if you live in one of these
areas.  If you're unsure, simply go to our website at enter your zip code
to determine your State Assemblymember by clicking on Know Your Local
Representative.

Assemblymember Phil Wyman (R-34)
Areas representing: Inyo and parts of Kern and San Bernardino counties
including the cities of Apple Valley, Barstow, Bishop, Hesperia,
Ridgecrest, Tehachapi and Victorville.

Assemblymember David Kelley (R-80)
Areas representing: Imperial and part of Riverside counties including the
cities of Bermuda Dunes, Blythe, Brawley, Calexico, Coachella, El Centro,
Indio, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage.

Assemblymember Christine Kehoe (D-76)
Areas representing: Part of the county of San Diego including the city of
San Diego.  Ferret voting history: new member.  Please ask this member to
support amnesty for ferret owners by voting yes on SB 1093.

Assemblymember Dennis Hollingsworth (R-66)
Area representing: Part of Riverside and San Diego counties including the
cities of Corona, Fallbrook, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Murrieta, Sun City, and
Temecula.

Assemblymember Fran Pavley (D-41)
Areas representing: Part of Los Angeles county including the cities of
Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Malibu, Santa Monica, Tarzana and Woodland Hills.

Assemblymember Dario Frommer (D-43)
Area representing: Part of Los Angeles county including the cities of
Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles.

Assemblymember Jackie Goldberg (D-45)
Area representing: Part of Los Angeles county including the city of Los
Angeles.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Rd.