Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:10:57 -0400
From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Part of the original post:
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Nice...but...NOT NOW!

>First I'd like to know if there is a place where I can write to about some
>very bad Ferret people (That take care of ferrets...a ferret shelter)...I
>want to go to the shelter and tell that owner a thing of two!!!  They've
>turned my cute little loveables into NIGHTMARES!!...[TM]"

I'm confused-what exactly is the behavior your ferrets supposedly got from
this shelter that is so unusual, nightmarish or such a problem?  Perhaps
your ferrets, as they are growing up and geting older and more aware of
the world around them, are just starting to display more and more normal
behavior.

What's wrong with seeing your ferret's teeth when they yawn (have you ever
been able to really yawn without showing your teeth?)?  My ferrets yawn a
LOT, and I always see their teeth-it's no big deal.  They're not
threatening you-they are just yawning, and they do it a lot.  My boyfriend
jokes tat they must not breathe when they sleep and need to yawn a lot to
recover all that oxygen when they're awake.

Trying to get into the tub-it's natural curiosity and interest in water as
well as a new place to get into-maybe they just never noticed it before;
my ferrets ALWAYS try to get in, and when they do get the occasional bath,
like when my albino's been allowed to dig in the black dirt, they enjoy it
very much.  Maybe the girl started doing it, too, because the power of
suggestion is very strong in ferrets, and it's always better to get your
ferret friends in on any action!

Smelling poo is not so unusual in any animal.  My ferrets are very
aggressive when playing with each other and bite each other, too-is your
girl getting hurt?  Does she come back for more, or run away?  Normal
behavior unless she's getting really hurt.

Sitting in your lap, while it may be weird to you if he's never done it
before, is a nice behavior, and one of my ferrets hates it, but the other
is a little snugglebunny, and even if he is having super crazy time, will
settle into my lap if I pick him up.

I guess I didn't understand a lot of your post-like I didn't know what
the point was when you were talking about your boy and his food and his
litterbox, or how your girl yawning was something the shelter had control
over and was that the worst thing she did after being there, so perhaps
it is just a matter of your making yourself more clear so we can offer
suggestions for your "problems"?  I don't know.  But everything you've
said was "nightmare" behavior that the shelter caused seems like perfectly
normal behavior to me.

-April