Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 19:10:20 -0400
From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Marshall Farms
>Marshall Farms has lay people off the street perform the surgeries on
>the ferrets in a kitchen like setting without sterilization techniques
>necessary to prevent infection or spread of infection

No, they don't.  They have technicians perform such which is in full
accordance with state laws and standard agricultural practice.

But certainly not in a kitchen.  But interestingly enough we have a vet
actually perform emergency procedures on a jill of ours that had birthing
problems on her kitchen counter.

>She said also that MF had only vets "on call" for all of the ferrets at
>the puppy mill..

Marshall Farms is the ONLY ferret ranch that ever had a veterinarian on
staff.  None of the others have.  We live in an area that is still very
agricultural.  On our little farmette we have to complete with the larger
"real" farms for the services of a vet.  This is an agricultural operation
not a hospital we are talking about.

Having a vet on call is probably more than most most ranches have.  But
you allude to multiple vets.

If you take the same information and filter out the anti-Marshall sentiment
you can see the whole situation in a completely different light.

>There was nothing with substantiation I could find on false MF ferrets.
>It was all hearsay-not a single article to back it up that I could find.
>Anyone know where -if anywhere-the articles on this are?  Perhaps I
>missed it.

Where did you look?  What did you expect to find?  A confession sent by
the perpetrator to the FML?

>Again-this is according to the veterinarian that worked there.

Our information comes from private conversations with Dr. Judi Bell among
others there.  Who is the veterinarian that you spoke to?  Are their
records proving he or she worked there?  We talked to Dr. Bell while she
was in her office on the farm.

There are plenty of real problems with ranches including Marshall Farms
so limiting attacks on them to true issues is better.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets