Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:48:17 EST
From:
I went out on a hot date tonight with several eligible bachelors.  Sure
they both have stubby legs and urinate on the floor.  At my age-I can't
exactly be picky.

We ran up and down isles in the pet stores until the guys were worn out.
Little and Lovely were delightful and delighted.  Now that I have hired a
pet sitter for Little to give him Bob C.  chicken soup lunch and his meds,
and we have doubled his meds, he is bopping like a healthy old man would.
I thank God for this gift of extra time with my ruby eyed white sweet
heart..

When we returned tonight, I realized I had let my brooding 20 pound feral
cat out before we left.  There he was pacing at the window.  I felt
terrible I had forgotten him, and quickly let him in.  It is 20 below zero
here.  The last few months, he has insisted on staying out all night.
There are feral cats eating warm fresh cooked chickens on my porch that he
needs to boss around.  But it is dangerously cold tonight..The cat bolted
in through the door that I slid open, and scurried past me.  I did not turn
to follow his travels with my eyes.

Instead, I sat down at the desk to go through mail.  I was busy perusing
bills and requests for donations from some of the animal associations, when
I noticed a mob of ferrets by the office door..  I stood up when I realized
that my 4 bizerk ferrets were huddled silently on the floor in a circle.
It was as though they were seriously studying an object.  This is NOT
normal behavior.  I pulled them away from the receptacle of their
attentions, which appeared to be a brown piece of fake fur-like one of
their toys that they have no interest in..

There on my carpet lay a small dead intact gorgeous little being--the
prettiest wild mouse-as light as a feather: as though all of his insides,
including his tiny bones, had all been sucked out-----my Friday night gift.