From:
Kerry Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 06:47:06 -0500
Mom says we will need a few things:

1. A spray bottle filled with water in case we get too hot,so she can wet
us down!!

2. Mom also collects 20-oz pop bottles, she usually gets 4 or5 of them
cuts off the labels she fills them up about 1/2 way, then freezes the.
She keeps them in the freezer until she needs them, when we go somewhere
she adds water to them and puts them in a tied tube sock then puts then
in our carrier or travel cage.

** Also Mom keeps one bottle that has been frozen and puts it in a clean
tube sock she ties it up when it really hot and puts it in our cage at
home, we prefer the dirty sock but she can't find them since we hide them
all the time, she used to put the bottle in a towel and wrap it up but we
figured out how to untie it.

Mom also likes pedialyte.  She takes the clear kind and adds some of it to
our water bowl when it gets hot weather.  Then she takes the rest of the
bottle of the pedialtye and fills up an ice tray or two and makes pedialtye
cubes, she puts them in a Rubbermaid bowl and keeps them frozen until we
need more of them for our water bowl.

Mom also freezes fruit flavored pedicudes for us, she them thaws them in
the refreg, in a cup then gives them to it to us in a syringe or dropper
when it get really hot weather.  Mom also wraps a wet towel over our cage
when it gets warm.

Mom's pretty smart but we steal her socks when she is gone and put them
in our cage with us in our hammock, we also steal Dad's eyeglass cases.

Mommy also says be very careful taking us in the car when it is a warm day,
keep a spray bottle filled with water, and a frozen water bottle in a tube
sock just in case the AC doesn't work.

In Memory of Ginger who helped me
come up with these things one day when it was getting too warm and Mommy
didn't have AC.

Kerry and Ada Gibbs (weaselpals)
www.homestead.com/weaselpals/homepage.html