From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 07:23:35 -0400
Want to announce the formation of the Jacksonville Area Ferret Fanciers
Association.  Anyone interested in the time and location of our first
meeting this Sunday should email me directly at [log in to unmask]

JAFFA's goals will be to
- promote education and public awareness of the domestic ferret as a pet.
- Stand between the domestic ferret and the city of Jacksonville as
  advocate as needed.
- Raise funds and support local shelters especially in regard to
  veterinary expense.
- Provide a social forum for ferret fanciers to exchange ideas and
  information.
- Strive to improve the quality of life for the domestic ferret in the
  common household.
- Put a really neat acronymn on bumper stickers to make people stuck in
  traffic try to figure it out.

If you are in the area.  We are meeting this Sunday and holding a bake sale
the first weekend in June to try to eliminate the rest of Gizmo's medical
expenses.  Anyone needing more info or interested in taking part, who is
within reach of Jacksonville, Florida, should drop me an email.

JAFFA is looking for a logo too.  Should be original art that will become
the property of the club, so if you are in a position to help in that area
contact me also!!!

Christopher C. Bennnett
owner Ferret Health List
president Jacksonville Area Ferret Fanciers Association (try to say that
three times fast I dare you!)