From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 23:41:11 EDT
Russian has to have an infected tooth removed on Monday.  Although I
believe everything will go well, since it's a short surgery, he does have
increased risks with the Aleutian disease and fluid found last week in his
chest.  He's been on Lasix and Amoxi.  My vet will do x-rays that morning
to be sure the fluid build up has been reduced, and there will be another
ferret there in case Russian has problems with blood clotting and needs a
transfusion.

I was shocked to find that Russian has periodontal disease since I have his
teeth scraped at least once a year and sometimes twice.  I read in Fox's
book that periodontal disease can be caused by immunosuppression (Aleutian
disease causes immunosuppression).  This virus never ceases to surprise
me.  I guess it has effects virtually everywhere in their body, but I never
would have dreamed it could cause dental infections.

Anyway...a few prayers or lit candles would be very much appreciated for
Russian on Monday morning.  Thank you.

Judy
Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own!  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom/index.html