From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 07:53:14 EDT
Well I got Cyrano a buddy.  I felt that he was lonely and needed a friend
so I asked my hubby for an early Mom's Day gift.  After a day and a half
it's hard to tell who is enjoying the Mom's Day gift more! :-)  Yeah I
know...an odd Mom's Day present but I'd much rather have a useful gift
that we can all enjoy rather than a bunch of cut flowers, candy, jewelry,
perfume, etc.

The other plus was that I found 2 REAL harnesses that I LOVE!!!!  That
rope adjustable one is a royal pain and this one you adjust it fasten the
2 little clips and off you go.  I got one in hot pink to match Merlin's
eyes and red for Cyrano.  That way I can tell which one is adjusted for
who since they're both different sizes.

I did a few adjustments to Cyrano's cage so that Merlin could use it too.
He's not a very good climber.  I noticed that instantly when I sat him down
and watched.  I think it's from having a lack of things to climb so maybe
he'll get better with time and practice.  I put rugs on all the ramps and
on the cage door opening.  (I know I should have done it sooner but it
never bothered Cyrano the little he used them with Merlin it was a matter
of being necessary or not having him be able to get around.) The only thing
is I wish I had remembered to use binder clips instead of zip ties....bad
me! :-(  With the rugs on the door and ramps Merlin can make it to the 3rd
shelf and has made the hammy I put there last night his bedroom. :-)  I put
a makeshift wall in case he rolls so he doesn't fall off and rearranged the
hammies more clutsy ferrie friendly.  :-)

I think the oddest thing was that Merlin didn't know what a hammy was when
I first brought him home.  Anyway that's how it seemed.  He was going to
sleep on the floor until I kept putting him in the hammy hanging in his
cage.  Finally he agreed and started sleeping in it. :-)

It's funny.  Merlin just went in the sack on the 2nd floor and Cyrano just
did everything in his power to evict him from that sack.  It's like he's
saying...you're not taking my bedroom...go to your OWN bedroom....you have
one up on the 3rd floor. :-)

Faith