From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 11:18:39 -0500
>From:    Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
>Just out of curiousity is a ferret supposed to go through almost a 5 lb.
>bag in about 2 weeks?  Does that seem right?  He has cut down his intake
>some since he's come to me but wondering because he seems to be getting
>a bit chunky now but maybe it's me.  Maybe he's finally maturing and
>reaching normal size and maybe he's supposed to be a bit more meaty
>around the middle. :-)

Five pounds of WHAT?  A ferret will eat more of a poor food than of a good
one.  They have to to get the nutrients they need.  A young ferret will eat
more than an old one.  An active ferret will eat more than a lethargic one.
I like my ferrets to be a bit chunky, that is, to have a little fat on
them.  Not too much, mind you, just enought to give a healthy appearance.
I mix my ferret's food.  Four pounds each of 8in1 Ultimate, TFS Superior
Choice and IAMS Kitten.  That 16 pounds probably last my three about 6
weeks.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde