From:
Steve Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:40:33 -0400
I am feeling bad about my post yesterday to the person who thought their
ferrets personalities changes too much after the stay at the shelter- if
this was a genuine post.

But it was inflammatory- words like I HATE YOU- typed across it, and
the explicative (although %#@#) we know what it means.  Made a lot of
accusations, and never did ask for advice- at the end just warned everyone
about not using shelters- that seemed to slam a lot of good people out
there.  I am not sure it was a post asking for help, just a warning to
others.

Made innuendos about what goes on in a shelter,etc.  I doubt they have a
different native language than English- since words like "freak" are pretty
much American, and I doubt they were a minor- since it sounded like they
directly were involved with the boarding at the shelter.  I could be wrong,
but the language was not naive, it was odd.  The spelling wasn't so bad
either, and the grammar didn't seem like someone from another country.

I will give the person the benefit of the doubt that the one place she
boarded the ferrets was a "bad place" but don't label all shelters.  Plus
this "shelter" seemed to also breed and sell kits.  That is fine, but just
wondering if it is a shelter or not.

I think if the person who posted wants help they can post without being
anonymous ( no grudges held) and ask specific questions, not just point
fingers and call names.  I know they aren't in California, so no reason
to be anonymous, and I am sure someone on the list would be glad to help.
I am actually very harmless, so don't be afraid to post if you have real
questions.

I am not usually so intolerant, just something about the post that got
to me.

Patty

[Moderator's note: Well said, thank you.  BIG]