From:
"Heyn, Ela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 14:45:56 -0400
>With plants, you NEVER know the exact dosage because the concentration of
>the drug can vary from plant to plant, and even from leaf to leaf.

I thought the rest of your post was excellent, Sukie.

However, I disagree with your above statement.  Many/most herbs are sold
in *standardized* form, which means that the active component has been
identified and adjusted so that it is consistent from batch to batch.

Some people like taking standardized herbs and some people avoid
standardized herbs ..  but either way, they are available for those who
are concerned with getting an exact dosage and consistent product

- Ela