From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:23:04 -0400
Okay, I have absolutely no problem with there being multiple Sukies out
there; in fact, I think that it is neat!  It's fun to learn about other
Sukies.

My problem is something else entirely.  There appears to be someone sending
out unpleasant private e-mails recently to folks and pretending to be me.
I first learned of it last night and have no idea how many people have
been targeted.

I was pretty well knocked on my can when I read what had been said since
it was the OPPOSITE of what I believe and have written.

Years ago I had someone pretending to be me on at least one different list
that I had never joined, and in multiple private conversations with people.
The person behaved kindly, though.  It still felt uncomfortable to have
someone trying to slip on what she/he thought was my skin, and the
individual certainly got things wrong in those notes (public and private)
from what folks reported back to me such as where we live, how lavishly we
live (which we don't), what sorts of hardships I've had to get through in
life (exceedingly underestimated), what Steve's degrees are in, etc.  It
seems that the person built up some sort of perfect fantasy around me and
tried to fit into it.  Heck, I have never fit into it.

It has happened at least once since then, too.

What number time do you think that this is, Bill?  Third?  Fourth?  Oh,
well, that is over about 15 years on-line... It is the sort of thing that
any of us can go through, sadly.

What is going on this time, I have NO idea.  This time it's not someone
being pleasant.

If you get any such mails, PLEASE, send them to me along with the address
from which they come!  Meanwhile, keep in mind that this has happened, and
could happen again, so if you read anything purporting to be from me that
doesn't really sound like me in any way, PLEASE, send it to me at