Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 00:15:09 -0400
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Hi XXXXX,
The product Cydectin (moxidectin) is only available as a large animal pour
on here in the US, so we can not use it for ear mites yet.

As for using Frontline for ear mites, it is an extralabel use of the
product here in the US.  The April 2001 issue of Veterinary Forum has a
good article on ear mites by Dr Dennis Crow.  He is board certified
dermatologist here in Dallas.  He list Frontline as a treatment for ear
mites also.  Revolution (selamectin) and Acarexx ear drops (ivermectin) can
also be used for ear mites.  I have used Frontline, Acarexx, and Revolution
for ear mites, and all 3 products work well as long as you treat all the
pets in the household.  The same for using ivermectin injections.  If you
find Advantage easier to use for fleas, remember that Frontline also comes
in a spot on version.  Of course both Advantage and Frontline work well
for fleas, but the spray version of Frontline is alot more cost effective
especially if one is treating multiple pets.  Unfortunately Advantage does
not work on ticks or ear mites.  It just works on fleas.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion,
Jerry Murray, DVM