Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:57:31 -0800
From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
I have Samoyeds, and one Aussie which is my boyfriends.  If a pup is raised
right, they can get along with ferts.  Believe it or not, in most cases,
a ferrets is more likely to damage your puppy, than vice versa, depending
on the size of dog we're talking about.  My dogs get along with ALL small
animals, cats, ferrets, rabbits, birds, etc.  They do, however, like to
chase gophers, but I think they would not kill it if caught.  I have one
dog who even plays with lab rats, and field mice.  To take a look at the
pics I mean, got to my website!
www.geocities.com/mystyx_samoyedsnferrets/samoyeds.html

click on Dogs, then Andi's page.  You'll see pics of him with an 8 week
old ferret,a kitten of same age, and also anotehr shot of him with a baby
duckling I rescued.  Depending on breed, you can raise your dog to be OK
with small pets.  I advise extreme caution and supervision at first.  If it
is a "hunting" or "ratting" breed, be even more careful.  FOR EXAMPLE ONLY,
I love the following breed, my cousin owns them, BUT - JRT's (Jack Russel
Terrier) are wonderful beautiful dogs, but have that prey instinct and
might grab/shake your ferret to death.  I hope all goes well.  FYI just
because it is a hunting breed doesn't mean your puppy WILL attack/hurt a
ferret.  I just raised a litter of rescue puppies, 1/2 greayhound, 1/2
husky(and who are now 4 months old needing homes!).  They played SO WELL
with my ferrets, we eventually let them in the room to play together, ALL
at once!  It was marvelous.Regular exposure and supervision of their
playtime is a must for the first few weeks.

good luck!(I will be putting the pics of pups 'n ferts up on my website
this weekend for those interested)

When my own ferrets are tired of playing with the dogs, they just grab the
dog's lip and dangle,the dogs get the point, litterally<g>.

Kim

==
Kim Wolf, Mystyx Samoyeds,MFX Ferrets, and Ferret Rescue.Member Critter
Haven East Region.
Visit our Websites:
www.petfinder.org
www.geocities.com/mystyx_samoyedsnferrets