From:
"Jeremy T. Slater" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 23:16:59 -0400
Greetings!

The subject just makes you want to go grab a heart breakfast doesn't it. :)

My partner and I rescued two 3 year old male ferrets from the local Humane
Society this past weekend.  I went to empty their litter box today and
noticed that there was a nice log of green slimey poop.  I checked my other
ferrets litter box and they were all fine.

I am not sure which of the two has the poops, nor am I sure what to do
about it.  They were in the shelter for about 48 hours before I took them.
I checked the litter pan before I took them and all was well.  I picked
them up Saturday afternoon and this is the first green poop I have seen.

They are on the MF Ferret Food and getting ferrotone 1x daily.

Any idea what causes the green slimey poops?  How long do they last?  What
do I need to do to support whichever ferret has them?  As a precaution, I
moved my original ferrets into another room, in case this is contagious.

BTW... Special Thanks to Laurie in Sarasota for rescuing the other two
darlings from the Humane Society!

Jeremy