From:
Cynthia Shook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 08:13:24 -0700
I want to thank everyone for the cards and support during these troubled
times.  Like I told another person on this list, losing bubba really shook
my confidence in being a Ferret Mommy.  He was a very special ferret for
many reasons.  I am sharing below what I shared with this other person on
the list.

Bubba was my first ferret.  We didn't choose him.  In fact, I had said I
would never ever own a ferret.  Bubba really and truly chose us.  We had
moved into a rent house.  Apparenlty he was either a dump off or was just
left by the previous renter.  He literally knocked on the door.  He was
sooooo covered with fleas and soooo very thin and anemic.  I immediately
got on the internet to find out how to take care of him.  I knew nothing
about taking care of him.  How to get rid of fleas, feeding, bedding
anything.  I bathed him in kitten flea shampoo about 3 or 4 times to get
rid of fleas.  The sink came up with blood it was really bad.  He ate,
slept and pooped for about a week.  None of the war dancing, dooking or
anything else I had read about.  I didn't even think he was going to live.
Then one day we had him out playing a little with him and my son pulled his
shoes and socks off.  Bubba grabbed the sock and took off..the chase was
on.  It was so funny, my son chasing him around the house trying to get
his sock back.  Bubba would let him get only so close then take off again.
When I had my gall bladder surgery and came home from the hospital, he
would curl up beside me and sleep with me.  Then he was soooo gentle with
my grandmother who has parkinson's and dementia.  He would lay qietly and
let her pet him.  Her hand would shake so badly but he never got upset or
excited.

I have been wavering between keeping the other two or getting them a new
home.  Right now, I am on the "Keeping" them side.  They have been so
loving and giving so many kisses.  Like they know that I am hurting.

I also want everyone to know that Bubba died peacefully in his favorite
hammock.  He was buried with a lot of tears and love wrapped in his
favorite blanket.

Cindy
Baby & Goliath