From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 01:14:03 -0400
The staff of the FHL is proud to announce Troy Lynn Eckart has graciously
accepted and will be joining us as our newest moderator.  Troy Lynn, fondly
known as tle by the online community brings with her over 16 years of
ferret experience.  We are all familiar with her from her posts on the
FHL and the FML and her selfless contribution to Mike and Rita McDowell
and their case back in 1994.  Her work with LIFE (League of Independent
Ferret Enthusiasts) and Ferret Family Services, her tackling HSUS and
their position on California ferrets back in 1996.  She served on the
International Ferret Symposium Committee in 2000.  She founded FFS back in
87, began writing for Ferrets and Ferrets USA around 1997 and authored a
domestic ferret informative pamphlet that has been distributed throughout
the US in 1994 with information on ferrets and rabies.  Wow, the list of
her contributions to the ferret community..  both in Kansas and all over
the US would take volumes, but you can plainly see how lucky we are to
have her.

Troy Lynn brings to the FHL a level head, good ferret sense and a talent
for getting things done behind the scenes.  She amazes me by managing to
walk the fine line between activist and fanatic, accomplishing for the
ferrets and not hurting anyone in the process.

Let me just say I feel very lucky to have her on staff.  Let's not flood
the list welcoming her, if you just have to whoop and war dance because
she is onboard (I did) then please send congratulations directly to her
and not the list.

Hugs
Christopher
[Christopher is not Sukie, BTW  :-)  BIG]