From:
Shirley Hewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 17:48:32 +1000
Lisette
Your post made me laugh myself silly!

It reminds me of the time I had an elderly gent visit me to meet ferrets
for the first time before getting one of his own.  As usual with all
"Newbies", I reassured him that none of my 12 ferrets would bite him and
within minutes he was totally enamoured by them all.  Spring has a
beautiful face and he picked her up and told her that she was gorgeous.
She responded, as ferrets sometimes do, by putting each of her lower
canines in each of his nostrils and biting down hard.  Blood ran copiously
and after disengaging Spring from his nares, I handed him tissues to
staunch the flow.  All to no avail.  He was smitten.  He subsequently
acquired 2 ferrets and 4 years later they are still the loves of his life.

Aren't we a forgiving lot?
Love & Dooks
Shirley