From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:20:30 -0500
Dr Willard makes a valid point about avoiding veggies, candy, and sugar
filled treats.  The "treat" I like best for my ferrets is simply cooked
meat (beef, chicken, turkey, fish, and eggs).  Cut the meat item up into
small pieces and feed as a treat.  My 2 ferrets really like steak and
salmon.  You can also cut small pieces of fat up too (if your ferrets are
not over weight).  This is especially important if you have an insulinoma
ferret because sugary treats can cause problems.

Jerry Murray, DVM