From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 02:16:59 -0800
I noticed some people gave suggestions about ferret meds, and mentioned the
horrible flavor of flagyl (it seems there is not a ferret alive who likes
that stuff).  My ferret Linus has had flagyl at least half a dozen times,
but his vet orders it in a suspension through a compounding pharmacy.  I
don't know what this particular pharmacist does to this medication, but
he makes it so that Linus can take the suspension and does not react to
it.  It is just like giving him amoxicillin or some other fairly mild
antibiotic.  Saves a whole lot of trouble for me, in the past I know that
stuff is almost impossible, even to mix it into baby food doesn't
necessarily mask the flavor.

Anyway I just thought I would mention that, it doesn't seem that flagyl
made in this way is any more expensive (antibiotics aren't too much for
ferrets anyway, they don't need a lot b/c of their weight).  It's truly
amazingly easier to feed to yer ferret!

Minta & Linus (still going strong after 6 years, adrenal disease, IBD, and
hepatitis to boot...and oh, still operating on 7 whole brain cells)