From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 23:16:21 -0500
Merial, the manufacturer of the IMRAB(3) rabies vaccine label-approved
for ferrets, has recalled a batch of the vaccine.  This is a killed-virus,
yearly rabies vaccine in ferrets (three year for dogs and cats).  IMRAB(3)
with serial number 12317 may not be effective, and the company is
reimbursing vets for re-vaccinating animals who received a vaccine from
that batch.  Owners can check the certificate they receive at vaccination
time for the serial number; in many cases this number is also on the
payment receipt given at the vet's office.  Vets can call (800) 704-8220
for more information.

Cheers,
-Pam S.

[Moderator's note: I couldn't confirm the info at either the Merial or the
FDA websites and the phone number above is someone's office voicemail drop.
Yet, Pam did tell me she got the info from her vet who used that lot number
heavily and had to recall clients.  Certainly worth keeping in mind until
more info is known.  BIG]