From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:15:13 +0100
Hi All, I have just been reading some notes sent to me by UK ferret food
manufactures they have worked out that there are about 1.5 million ferrets
in the UK by the amount of food sold.  That's not counting the ones
catching their own food and the UK wildlife people recon there are 500,000
polecat hybrids living in the wild and nobody knows how many temporary
feral ferrets as loose at any one time.  I bet most ferreters find at
least one each every year.

Now for the happy bit, I had a call for info. from a woman from Wales now
living in London.  Last summer her hob got out and went walkabout not to
be found, so in October she gave her jill that was pining to a friend
left home and moved to London.  Last week the hob walked in the back door
climbed up her mother's leg curled up and went to sleep as though it had
never been away.  I looked in the same condition that it left in.

Chris Lloyd.                  ICQ no.    44575318
Wessex Ferret Club      www.wfc.cwc.net

If this does not get posted I understand the reasons.  Chris.

[Moderator's note: Well, even if the reports are 100% accurate -- and I
have some doubts since by the time reports trickle down they often end up
mutating -- I don't think *hiding* information is the proper path to take.
The fact that states in the US have certified the lack of feral ferrets
is probably less subject to interpretation and more important to the
legalization issue anyhow.  BIG]