From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 18:28:51 -0700
>>Date:    Wed, 23 May 2001 00:47:34 -0400
>>From:    William Killian <[log in to unmask]>Subject: zen's comments
>
>>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Ferret Show and ADV Testing
>>I am confused on all of this.  I have not been reading every post about
>>it, but the last few have left me in the dark.  Am I to believe that
>>someone would not want proof of testing in order to enter their ferret
>>in a show?

>No.  You shouldn't put words in the mouths' of others.  People are mostly
>against the particular implementation.

Danielle's response: Wow, I don't recall putting words in anyone's mouths.
I simply asked a question.  See what I wrote: "Am I to believe that someone
would not want proof of testing in order to enter their ferret in a show?
That sure looks like a question to me.

>>If I were to enter a show (I don't because of the health risks), I
>>certainly would want to know that all the other ferrets in attendance
>>were completely healthy and disease free.  This is where I am confused
>>by some of the posts.  Who wouldn't want this and why?
>
>There is testing all the ferrets and there is selected testing.  The show
>under discussion did not have a written policy that all ferrets in the
>room be tested, just those being shown.  Those ferrets being shown are
>those most likely to have full medical attention already.  Those just
>coming in are those that are probably the most likely to have issues.  We
>still have never heard of Aleutians being passed by a show ferret as we
>understand the circumstances of those that have spread the disease.
>Shelters are still more likely to spread diseases than shows.
>
>We shouldn't make this a "us against them".  The show in question is not a
>popular show.  But the ADV test policy with all of it's flaws is not the
>reason for that.  Turning those who just don't happen to want to go to
>this show into bad guys does no one or especailly any ferret any good.

Danielle's response: I do agree that any ferrets who attend shows (whether
to compete or just attend), should also be required to be tested.  That is
a smart requirement.  In fact, I believe that those ferrets who are not
participating in the show (competing) should be left at home.  As far as
"popularity" of this show, I would not know since I have never attended.
I don't know what your definition of "popularity" is.  Do you mean
attendance?

>>I am curious to know who they are because of the last negative post aimed
>>towards them, that was not something that should have been brought to a
>>public forum.
>
>Some of us know you are just popping in because we said something, it is
>odd how you pop in her with a negative post eiled perhaps but still
>targeted at the same time your friend pop in on the newsgroup.

Danielle responds: I don't recall specifying your post in particular.  Are
you admitting that your post was negative and rude?  You are certainly
looking very hard for something to pick on.  Also, I do not know what
newsgroup you are referring to nor do I know what "friend" you are
referring to.  I only participate on the FML and don't have time to
participate in other forums.  In the past, you have complained that many
people have been rude to you.  Repeatedly, I have seen posts and emails
from others specifying this of you.  In speculation, one could conclude
that one may be bringing it on themselves.  Either way, I couldn't care
less what you think of me.  It has taken some time for me to simply realize
that there are mean-spirited, hateful people out there who love to use the
Internet as a tool to harass and/or hurt others.  I come to this forum for
information about ferrets, gain insight, and to help others when needed.
I have apologized to people who I may have hurt unintentionally, and in
hindsight, realize that I did not always handle things as I should have.
I apologize to those who are worthy of an apology, those who don't
continually hurt others (or attempt to).  Sukie and I got into it over some
issues and I realized I was out-of-line.  Why it is that you continually
discuss me and harass me, I will never know.  You don't know me nor do I
converse with you outside of the FML.  However, I will not allow you to
continue your attempts at making me look foolish in a public forum without
defending myself.  If you have accusations, go ahead and mail me a letter,
since you claim to both other posters and the Bellevue police that I have
not moved residences.  Why would it concern you where I live?  Very scary
indeed since you live in Virginia.  It has also been explained to me by
others that avoidance is the best policy with you and that you will
eventually get bored and go away (or pick on someone else).  This I have
yet to see and avoidance has not worked.  What does it take to get you to
leave me alone?  Even your friends I talk to have admitted that you do
this to people on other newsgroups and they have even recommended you stop.

To all FML readers: I have tried relentlessly to avoid this person/people
and not respond to his/their posts, but I will not allow him/them to bash
me on here with his/their unfounded accusations.  Sorry to burden anyone
with such drivel - yes, drivel.

BIG: I know that you stated that this party is not to use my name in their
posts or direct slams like this towards me, on the FML.  I am responding
because he/they are making false assumptions/accusations, again.  I have
tried my best to ignore, but it still does not work.  Looks like I will
have to go back to defending myself once again.  Geez!  Enough already!

[Moderator's note: Hey, this is getting out of hand again.  Discussions
need not turn this personal.  I realize the Killians' post was not too
well received by some people and I know someone is working on a rebuttal
to it (since the first rebuttal was rejected), but if we forget the
ferrets and instead argue among each other here, then nobdoy wins.  BIG]