From:
"Shortley, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 08:54:17 -0400
Sukie had asked about how clubs and others doing ADV clinics arrange this
in a way to lesson the risk of cross-contamination.

When the shelter I volunteer for had their ADV clinics, they had a sort
of registration.  They set up a table on our egroups list database where
owners who wished to test would pick a time slot and enter the number of
ferrets they were bringing.  We had a vet volunteer her time to do blood
draws for the clinic.  Each ferret was given about a 5 minute time slot -
the owner was able to request more time if they felt they had a difficult
ferret to restrain and draw blood on.

The shelter used their dining room for the testing (a room where ferrets
never are).

So the owners and the ferrets being tested were brought in at their
designated time slot, the vet drew the blood, gave the ferret back,
dininfected, and the owner and the ferrets left immediately after.  Then
the next scheduled person and ferrets came in.  This went on for about 4
hours for each clinic (there were two).

So that's how the shelter I'm with did it.

Lisa Shortley
Volunteer for Planned Ferrethood