From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 22:47:51 -0700
Dear All in Arizona Area, I too, while recently on holiday in the area,
witnessed the horrendous conditions of a black footed ferret in the
"Nocturnal Section" of the zoo.  It had two 20 gal. aquariums seperated
by a tube.  All the extras were plastic flowers and ferns.  Needless to
say ,being in the Noctural Room of the Zoo, it had no natural sunlight.

This was not a domestic, but a black-footed ferret.  I inquired about their
breeding program and reintroduction program, no one seemed to know or care.
There was no printed material explaining it's existence in their zoo.  It
was simply a display.  For those in the Phoenix area please check on these
fuzzbutts and make sure they are ok.  I am sure there was more to their
existence than the non-information I was not provided.  Let them know
somebody in Maryland thinks about them.

Affection and Care, Barbara Clay, Director of Shelter Affairs,
Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter, Inc.  832C Falls Rd., Parkton, Md. 21120
410 329-6111
http://www.gfme.com/ferretrescue/