Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:03:26 -0600
My ferret Bones passed away Sunday night a little after 11pm.  He was eight
years old,& he was my first ferret.  I got him when he was just a kit, when
I was 16 yrs old.  Bones & I have been through allot together, he gave me 8
years of love, laughs, happiness & company.  He loved to go outside on his
harness & snorkel in the grass.  He loved plastics bags, emptying purses
(& curling up & sleeping in them) , he was the champion of cup tipping- he
could smell Mnt. Dew a mile away.  When he was about 2 his favorite game
was to trap me in the kitchen ( at the time it was just me & Bones in a
little apt,) run at me , jump as high up my legs as he could & slide down!
He knew I had nowhere to run!

He had been more active than usual this last month, showing no signs of
problems.He was out in the living room with me allot, he liked to be out
of the ferret room & to run around the house because he was always a free
roam ferret (until ferret math hit).  He suddenly started having problems
walking Sunday , & progressively got worse through the day, he would only
eat small amounts of the chicken baby food/ pedialyte.  He perked up a
little for the ferretone ( his favorite) but didn't really lick my hand
clean like usual.

He passed away in my arms.  I was happy that I was holding him , & that it
didn't happen while I wasn't.  It took me a couple days to write this, I
just couldn't find the right words before, this is my first time to lose
a ferret, I've been with Bones longer than I ever had a pet before.

I will miss my Bones, & all the ferrets will miss him, they have been
looking for him, especially Snow.

Sandee please watch for Bones, he won't know anyone, but show him around.
He loves ferretone & raisens!  Tell him his mommy loves him & misses him...

   ~Micaela~
~Snow~Cleo~Zeus~
 ~Sammy & Dito~
~missing Bones~