From:
"Irene E. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:23:19 EST
Greetings!
First let me thank Kym for offering her challenge.

"My Reasons To Be Thankful For The FML" list.  Thanks to the FML I have:

Benefited from the selfless sharing of information by Dr. Williams via the
FML and during a telephone conversation with him.  Dr. Williams is one of
those rare and wonderful individuals who possesses both "high tech and
high touch" skills!

Gotten to know Troy Lynn.  Like Dr. Williams, Troy Lynn is dedicated to the
well-being of ferrets and those who love them.  There is no way that I can
thank her enough for all of the support and encouragement she has provided
me with during the past few years.  I will remain forever grateful to her
for giving me the honor of adopting Toto, who was one of the rescued
Fredonia Ferrets.

Been blessed to have been given the privilege of adopting two kits, Kiyoko
and M'Cheyne through Kym of KistaFerret Rescue.  Kym impressed me by her
commitment to ferrets and by her wonderfully comprehensive screening
process of those interested in adopting a ferret.  As a direct result of
that process, Kym recognized my "need" to adopt a younger ferret to balance
my recent and anticipated losses.

Learned of the plight of two ferrets via a fellow subscriber.  Thanks to
her interventions, I had the joy of adopting Buddy and Lady Cola.

Gotten to know some of the other subscribers (both past and present),
learned about various ferret events, ferret supply sources, etc.

Been directed to sources of accurate information.  For example, the
compilation of information regarding rabies was shared with the Infection
Control nurse when I was developing the proposal for an Animal Visitation
program.  Consequently, three of my ferrets, Snoz, Buddy and Lady Cola,
enjoyed their role as co-therapists!  BTW, just try to imagine the facial
expression of the staff member who asked me, "What **is** a Snoz?" after he
had overheard one of the patients talking about Snoz! <G>

Gained life saving information that enabled me and my vet to help my
ferrets when they had ECE.  Thanks to that information, all 6 ferrets,
and I, <G> survived!

Learned that the people who care about ferrets can band together to work
toward a common goal.  Although we do not always achieve what we desire
(e.g., the tragic and unnecessary killing of Kodo), sometimes we do.  No
matter, the FML has proven itself to be a force to be reckoned with!

Joined with many of you in your laughter and tears.

There is no way that space would allow me to state all my reasons for being
thankful for the FML.  I thank each of you who have been among those who
have been a part of this reasons to be thankful list.  Special thanks are
given to BIG for his dedication to the FML.

Thank you again,
Irene :-)

"A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast...." Proverbs 12:10 (King
James Version)