From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:31:13 -0500
Last year, I took in 3 rescues.  Two from South Carolina and one from
Carol's shelter on the beach.  The first two came about August some odd,
two beautiful males in good health with all the stuffffffffffff.  Cages
and all.  I felt the cage to be far too small so built a six foot tall 4
foot wide cage with carpeted floors and ramps, to include a 'J' feeder and
self fill water bottle.  Lots of hammys and all, those guys were in fert
heaven.  Soon though, one really went down hill from a huge tumor.  It
was so huge was inoperable, and he died after a month and a half of being
here.  So sad, I still miss him.

Bud came from Carol, just learned he is deaf.  A great active fert for
sure, had been placed three times and came back three times before I got
him.  He is a most perfect fert!  Now, to cage them!  Ha!  My original
two were in their own huge cage and would fight horribly with the new guys,
so they were separated.  Now, Kodo and Bud would fight terribly!

I ended up letting them all out separately but that was just too much
for me and they got so little time out.  I began to put the two guys out
together but supervised.  When they would fight, would break it up.  They
got only short times out together at first but time lengthened.  Soon, I
thought would try a common cage, and put them in a cage together.  Well,
that started the fighting all over, but supervised, I left them there for
hours then separate but that time got longer and longer until they shared
a common cage all the time.  They would still fight over a toy or hammy
but pretty much got along.

Today, after two months of this, I now see they are sleeping together in
a hammy!  Ha!  Success!!!! They are bonding!  Took long enough, but lets
see what the future brings.

Now, the other two!  Ha!

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud